20/04/2012

Sarjeant & Co.



My art concentrates on taking discarded items (photos of the past and dolls) and giving them a new life and vitality. I love anything with a sense of age and history and I am always looking out for little items which I will add to my sculptures or jewelry. These two pieces were constructed with some very special Masonic items I found in my friend Donna’s Etsy store Sarjeant & Co. She is a great collector herself and luckily for me has chosen to share some of her treasures with the world. She is also an incredibly talented jewelry maker and her pieces can be found here; Gabriellalucretia. Donna was the one who inspired me to start making jewelry, she is one of kind just like her beautiful creations.

This necklace consists of a Masonic medallion found at Sarjeant & Co. And an Edwardian glass intaglio brooch I picked up at a church fair in London.

Wrist cuff made from the belt of a Masonic apron, Masonic collar tassel and embellished with sacred heart medallions gifted to me by the very talented Donna Sarjeant.