24/10/2012

Something Wonderful


It was my dream to take home one thing which would become a treasure for Nik and I for the remainder of our lives. We were beginning to despair that we would find anything. All the roads we took lead us to amazing experiences but nothing we could physically take back with us. Then our path lead us somewhere we didn't expect. On our way from Corfe to Brighton we stopped in at a little antique store and there we discovered two Victorian Gothic Revival Pews. These oak church pews are glorious with their hand carved backs. Before I ever saw them they sat in a room of the house I have in my head and when they appeared it was as if we were always supposed to find them. In reference to the style of the Pre-Raphaelites I have tracked down embroidered material by William Morris, the builder of The Red House to cover the seats and add another degree of fantasy to them.